Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Geography (Physical)
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings. Salary commensurate with degree.
- Master’s degree in geography equivalent*, with a minimum of 12 graduate credit hours in area of concentration.
- Full-time or part-time teaching experience at college or high school level in the area of concentration.
*Satisfactory completion of 30 semester hours or more of relevant academic study in an accredited doctoral program may, at the discretion of the Dean, be determined to meet this requirement.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent and relevance of graduate educational preparation in the areas of anticipated teaching assignment.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of readiness and/or willingness to use technology in the classroom.
- Evidence of experience in or potential for working effectively with a diverse, multi- ethnic student population.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience and performance required. Official transcripts of academic work required. Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching position.
- Availability to accept teaching assignments as indicated above (see Personnel Status)
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.